For all manuscripts submitted – JCEM Author recommendations
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism may be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical practice information. Each problem provides up-to-date protection of the latest developments that enhance our comprehension of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for hormonal and metabolic disorders. average popular features of unique interest include initial reports of important improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and research that is metabolic individual views on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, clinical practice tips, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Page to your Editor
- Letter to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and tips
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Correspondence
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
Listed here types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, may be considered for book:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies considering formerly unpublished information. There aren’t any top or lower word/figure/table restrictions. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
- Instance Reports (no more available for distribution after 1, 2019) are descriptions of a case that provides insights into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or management september. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any a lot more than two numbers, two tables, and ten sources. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth focusing on to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates about the molecular and basis that is biochemical normal physiology and illness states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of hormonal and metabolic problems; along with other subjects strongly related the training of medical endocrinology. Unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, writers ought to include a prospectus with a quick narrative associated with the mini-review’s function and range, a plan describing its contents, as well as the CVs of most writers included. These manuscripts can start around 2,000 terms to at the most 5,000 terms. Writers will include a section that is brief the search techniques utilized to have information when it comes to mini-review. In the event that writers opt for formerly published numbers or tables, the guidelines must be followed by them beneath the Publication Fees area.
- Meta-analyses should concentrate on particular efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The manuscript that is submitted be produced by an in-depth statistical analysis of data found by the exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions of the kind must add an overview and a narrative statement. There aren’t any limitations on term count, wide range of numbers, or amount of recommendations. All numbers and tables should be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles by the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or a co-employee Editor and can typically deal with a policy that is timely of quite high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and have now a maximum of eight sources.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief which will examine principles and findings recently introduced into the record that is scientific have actually exemplary interest. These are typically typically as much as 1,000 terms in total, needs to have a maximum of eight recommendations, and also have no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite work that is unpublished data.
- Perspectives provide a viewpoint that is new policies and usually accepted maxims and techniques in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment according to extremely current newly posted data. They need to cite appropriate write my essay literature and are generally no further than 2,400 terms and also no more than 25 recommendations. Perspectives must not cite unpublished work or information, and any numbers should present just general generalizations, maybe perhaps maybe not brand new information. Figures must certanly be initial. Views are submitted by invite from the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters to your Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and get submitted within 2 yrs associated with the article’s last book. Letters must be no more than 500 words in total, do not have more than eight recommendations, and should never cite work that is unpublished information. Letters would be posted in the discernment regarding the Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see page proofs before publication. Only changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are permitted. Regular book costs apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with the format should be followed by the letter of “Letter towards the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. When your title perhaps perhaps not follow this structure, it shall be standardised because of the publisher.
- Letters to your Editor reactions respond to a Letter to Editor at no greater size as compared to letter that is original. Authors whose work is talked about in a page towards the Editor will typically be invited to offer a reply. If accepted, writers will discover web page proofs before book. Only changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name regarding the format should be followed by the letter of “Response to Letter towards the Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. Should your name maybe not follow this format, it will be standardised because of the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a directory of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work teams, task forces, as well as other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and needs to be modifiable as a result to criticisms. They’ve been typically a maximum of 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice recommendations are manufactured by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded medical training tips. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society to present analyses that are statistical help its Clinical Practice instructions.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned by the Endocrine Society for the Clinical Practice recommendations. These reviews address a definite medical concern by gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility requirements.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives for the community’s Clinical Practice tips that health supplement or comment on developments when you look at the condition area considering that the time of book of a Guideline.
- Policy views are derived from founded community policy jobs and manufactured by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are manufactured by an expert group that is writing input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed by a writing group beneath the direction of an Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and distinguishing gaps within the literature that is scientific. They are developed with input from Society committees and people.
- Consensus Statements provide a comprehensive assessment by a specialist panel of a clinical or medical problem which could add ungraded guidelines. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other society that is professional groups, task forces, along with other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are susceptible to peer that is external as instructed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated by the Endocrine Society and selected outside specialists, and (2) conference abstracts, which, when posted being health supplement to Journal regarding the Endocrine Society, were reviewed by the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Fees and Start Access
To learn more about the many benefits of account when you look at the Endocrine Society, please look at the Member pros page associated with the Endocrine Society’s site.
Web Page Costs
- Endocrine Society people: $99 per PDF web web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society people: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of earning their article start Access by spending one more $3,000 for Open Access book, including A cc-by license, PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access in the log web web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If it is published in 2019, or a 10% discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, including the CC-BY Open Access option, if it is published in 2020 if you submit your manuscript to The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer option (B2J) through Editorial Manager and it is accepted for publication, you can claim a single-use code entitling you to a $250 discount on your manuscript’s publication fees, except for the CC-BY Open Access option. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at email@example.com.